“Dangerous to be together. Painful to be apart.”
Title: Covet (Book #2)
Author: Melissa Darnell
Recommended to fans of: Twilight by Stephanie Meyer, Demon Princess by Michelle Rowen
Series: The Clann series
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Romance, Paranormal
[Synopsis] (Taken from goodreads)
Dangerous to be together. Painful to be apart.
Savannah Colbert knows she broke up with Tristan Coleman for the right reasons. Most of all, to keep from killing him with her new vampire abilities. But try telling her heart. Now, lost in a sea of hostile Clann faces, Sav tries to come to terms with what she’s becoming and what that means for her future. And that someone is doing their best to bully her into making a terrible mistake.
Tristan can’t believe Sav won’t even talk to him. If being apart is her decision, fine. Just don’t expect him to honor it. But even as he prepares to fight for the girl he loves, forces beyond their control take them both in directions neither could have foreseen or prepared for.
A reckoning is coming…and not everyone will survive.
(DISCLAIMER: This is my opinion only, contains spoilers for the book, may contain coarse language)
- The first chapter recaps what happens in Crave. When she promises the vampire council that she will stay away from Tristan and keep her powers in check
- Nanna is kidnapped by The Clann as they think that Savannah’s family kidnapped Tristan
- OMG, Sav is taking all the blame
- NOOOOO! How could Nanna die?
- Sav’s mom used to date Tristan’s dad, OMG, awkward
- Now things take a turn for the worse as she is force to stay with her strict dad
- Oh God, isn’t Tristan rushing into things? He wants to turn into a vampire! With or without Sav’s help
- At least Sav’s dad wanted Sav and Tristan to be happy, but a descendant cannot turn, they would die
- Urgh, Tristan is taking some random girl to the dance
- Sav hears Tristan’s telepathy and feels his pain, he is in a car accident
- Anne now knows about Sav
- Ah, Tristan put a connection spell on Sav, but instead of feeling his emotions, she felt this physicality
- Emily’s so nice and dependable
- Thank God Nanna and her mum WANTED her to learn magic, Sav learns by reading the spell books Nanna left her
- Haha, Gowin is so cool
- Si is Ron a shapeshifting black cat and Anna is a hunter? (Yes)
- With Sav’s ESP at an all time high, Tristan figured out that she could hear his thoughts
- God, Dylan is such a dick
- Some Clann members are found dead, it’s a vampire attack
- It’s so painful to see Sav and Tristan as friends
- Actually, Mr Coleman is pretty cool
- OMG, Mr Coleman was killed by a vampire (I was tearing oh god)
- I really wanted Emily to be the Clann leader
- Sav’s forgiveness speech to herself brought tears to my eyes
- HOLY SHIT, Gowin was the killer? Freaking unexpected plot twist!
- OMG, Gowin got emily pregnant in order to create ANOTHER mix breed?
- Oh God, Sav has to turn Tristan if she wants him to survive
- And he is banished from The Clann
- Gosh, I was tearing the entire time
- Wow, this 2nd book was great, it wasn’t a 2nd book slump at all
Have you read this book? What are your thoughts and opinions? Leave a comment down below! 🙂