I received a free eARC from the lovely author, S.A. Larsen and with special thanks to Chapter by chapter blog tour, in exchange for an honest review of the book.
Check out the tour schedule here !
Hello Bookish friends! Today it’s my stop for the blog tour of Marked Beauty by S.A. Larsen! I’m so excited since it’s my first blog tour with Chapter by chapter blog tours! So for my stop today, it’s a review of the book! Stay tuned for giveaways at the end!
Marked Beauty by S. A. Larsen
S.A. LARSEN is the author of the award-winning novel Motley Education, the first book in a fantasy-adventure series for middle grade readers. Her work has appeared in numerous local publications and young adult anthologies Gears of Brass and Under A Brass Moon by Curiosity Quills Press. Marked Beauty is her debut young adult novel. Find her in the land of snowy winters and the occasional Eh’ya with her husband of over twenty-five years, four children, a playful pooch, and three kittens. Visit her cyber home anytime at www.salarsenbooks.com.
“Respect for the abomination he was? How would anyone ever respect him when he could’t respect himself?”
Title: Marked Beauty
Author: S. A. Larsen
Recommended to fans of: The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegan, The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, Demon Princess series by Michelle Rowen
Publisher: Ellysian Press
Format: Kindle (eARC)
Genre: YA, Romance, Fantasy, Paranormal, Suspense
[Synopsis] (Taken from goodreads)
Uncovering hidden secrets can sometimes kill you . . . or worse, steal your soul.
Anastasia Tate has a secret. She can feel the emotions of others through their life energy auras. Not a welcome gift for a teenager. Especially when a sinister presence begins stalking her.
Viktor Castle also has a secret. He’s tasked with protecting humanity yet cursed by an ancient evil to destroy it.
After Viktor saves Ana’s life, her abilities grow stronger. Drawn together, she senses Viktor has answers to lifelong questions. Only he shuns her at every turn, knowing he has saved her only to put her in more danger. As Ana struggles with her attraction to Viktor, he tries everything to bury his unexpected feelings for her. But they must find a middle ground. For only together can they combat the dark forces threatening both their lives . . . and their souls.
(DISCLAIMER: This is my opinion only, contains spoilers for the book, may contain coarse language)
- Ana has the ability to feel the energy around her and she hates attention
- But when she tries to save her crush Josh, from a weird dark shadow, she attracts all the attention to herself
- The cover is so pretty OMG
- Viktor saves Ana while her car crashed
- Ana’s mum ran away when she found out Ana could see Auras (That must have been really traumatising for Ana)
- This book was beautifully written, the descriptions were really vivid
- Ana transfers to a different school and meets the mysterious boy who saved her
- In the process of saving her, now Ana and Viktor are bloodprint
- The world building at the start was a little confusing at first, but was slowly unveiled throughout the story
- Their connection slowly starts to show Ana some of Viktor’s dark secrets
- The suspense in the book was really good
- Ana goes to the club, determined to find answers but Viktor refuses to tell her anything
- The pacing of the book was a little slow, but I guess that helped with the suspense and mysterious element
- Sebastian seems nice, but is really suspicious
- Callista has cursed Viktor, and he has to find victims so that Callista can feed off their energy to remain sane
- Oh God, the scene where Viktor waited for Ana to get into the car while it was raining, OMG
- At the climax, the truth is revealed about Ana’s mum
- I totally didn’t see that plot twist coming!
- Ana and Viktor’s romance was so sultry
- The ending was cute
- A definite recommend to fans who strongly love fantasy and paranormal elements in stories and of course, romance.
Have you read this book? What are your thoughts and opinions? Leave a comment down below! 🙂
Blog Tour Giveaway:
- One (1) winner will receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card (INT)
Release Party Giveaway:
What better way to celebrate a book birthday then by a giveaway! There are many ways to enter, which you’ll find below. You can win an iTunes, Amazon, or Starbucks gift card, an authentic Vera Bradley Little Crossbody in Cobalt Tile, an assortment of bookish swag, and even a KINDLE Fire HD 7″! The giveaway runs from release day, October 17, 2017 to December 5, 2017. Winners will be announced via social media December 7, 2017.
*No purchase necessary to win*
However, if you have read Marked Beauty or purchase it and read you can earn extra entries by posting a review on any major online retail bookstore and Goodreads! All the information you’ll need is in the form below.
BUT there’s more…
Writers who enter can WIN a first five pages critique!
Special thanks to: Chapter by Chapter Blog tour