“When the flashback hits, I get dizzy. I’ve seen tons of doctors, and they all say it’s normal.”
Normal if you’re broken and glue isn’t strong enough to hold you together.
Title: The Lovely Reckless
Author: Kami Garcia
Recommended to fans of: 13 reasons why
Genre: Romance, YA, Contemporary
[Synopsis] (Taken from goodreads)
I’ve become an expert at avoiding things that could hurt me—which means I will figure out how to stay away from Marco Leone.
Seventeen-year-old Frankie Devereux would do anything to forget the past. Haunted by the memory of her boyfriend’s death, she lives her life by one dangerous rule: Nothing matters. At least, that’s what Frankie tells herself after a reckless mistake forces her to leave her privileged life in the Heights to move in with her dad—an undercover cop. She transfers to a public high school in the Downs, where fistfights don’t faze anyone and illegal street racing is more popular than football.
Marco Leone is the fastest street racer in the Downs. Tough, sexy, and hypnotic, he makes it impossible for Frankie to ignore him—and how he makes her feel. But the risks Marco takes for his family could have devastating consequences for them both. When Frankie discovers his secret, she has to make a choice. Will she let the pain of the past determine her future? Or will she risk what little she has left to follow her heart?
(Thoughts) (DISCLAIMER:This is my opinion only, may contain spoilers for the book, may contain coarse language)
- Well Frankie’s mum is definitely not understanding
- OMG, Frankie was trying to stop the fight and got elbowed
- Sofia, Marco’s sister is so cute
- Wow, Marco coming in to save Frankie was cool, but why was Abel betting on the races and gambling so much?
- Marco’s attraction to Frankie is so cute
- Wow, Cruz defending Frankie was cool
- SO Frankie was drunk and made out with Marco, and he just blurted out something about rich people stereotypes
- OMG, Frankie offered to race on behalf of Cruz, that’s insane!
- It felt as though Frankie wasn’t happy when she was together with Noah, but feels more guilty about his death
- (Quote) “Marco doesn’t stand in the hall and stare at girls or beg them to talk to him.”
- Well Deacon could be mean, but at least he’s protecting Cruz from her dad
- OMG, Marco’s dad was screwed up, at least Deacon saved Sofia
- Frankie’s dad just assumed that Marco and Deacon are bad? I mean I understand he’s a cop, but there’s no solid evidence yet, but he also cares for his daughter
- Okay, Marco stole the cars, but he had a valid reason but was extorted and left with no choice, but its wrong to steal too
- The story addresses themes like the grey areas in any situation,loss, getting over loss, moving on, stereotypes
- Marco feels a though Frankie doesn’t need to be fixed (This is so cute)
- Okay, I’m so angry at Frankie’s dad
- “How am I going to break his heart and mine – and walk away?”
- OMG, the break up was so sad
- OMG, Abel was gambling because he was trying to earn money to buy back his father’s belongings which his mother was selling
- ‘The lovely reckless’ is the title of Abel’s father’s first song, awww
- OMG, it was Deacon who killed Noah
- The pepper spray was a life-saver, OMG Frankie crashed the car and Deacon went berserk, luckily the police came in time
- The story was great and the plot twists were intertwined perfectly, the plot was reckless and the romance was lovely 😀
Have you read this book? What are your thoughts and opinions? Leave a comment down below! 🙂